Wednesday, November 9, 2016

And!.....wait for it...... life goes on.

America is in shock and disbelief.
They Won.
We Won.
but.....
but....
Given the general distrust of the media and government and the small truth that many people believe to be true but don't talk about, is that life goes on. America as a whole doesn't care.
Some people will huff and puff and then go find a wolf to blame for it, but America doesn't care.
There will be victory speeches and back patting and bed wetting but,
America doesn't care.
I suspect many people (especially those who don't and didn't vote) will go Meh, that was the election. What is really important is will it rain soon?
Will the (insert football team) go to the Super Bowl?
Will gas prices go up?
Social Media will declare that America hates women or Blacks or Gays or Liberals or Bill Maher,
but America doesn't care.
What is really important will be the next episode of The Walking Dead.
Who will die next on Game of Thrones?
Will the next (insert actor's name) suck, should I risk the money.
Is snap chat working today?
Did I remember to turn off the stove before I went to work?
Will I win the lottery?
Can I win the lottery?
Should I ask Jill to marry me? Will she say yes?
What if she says no? She won't say no, will she?
Life goes on.
Our pets will still want to be petted and fed and played with (unless they are cats...they are so finicky). The birds will sing and the sun will set and dawn will come again.
I made myself sick with stress and worry last night to the point I could sleep and I saw a lot of my bathroom as my body reacted. Irony.
The irony you might ask?
I knew who was going to win.
I hoped and might have even wanted to pray that I was wrong.
But God, the God I believe in doesn't work like that.
God had nothing to do with it or everything to do with it, who am I to ask for such things?
I am just some guy trying to make his way in the universe.
I will pray for important things like other people, not my own needs.
So there you have it.
This is the most political blog you will get here.
If that disappoints you I am sorry because I will no feed that kind of madness.
I will pray for you, and the next president and the former one, the winners and the losers.
We are all on this planet together. I may not like you and I may not be like you but it doesn't change the nature of hope.
I choose hope.
Hope for better days.
Hope that one of you will win the lottery.
Hope that Jill will want to marry Jack.
Hope that you will come back here to see what I write about in the future...it won't be about politics though (yep that was some circular logic).
and that is Wednesday according to Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment