Monday, March 4, 2013

It was his Birthday, but it's my blood

"Inconceivable!"
 "I don't think you know just how much that word means"

Ok I concede, I am not Inigo Montoya: their conversation went more like this:
[Vizzini has just cut the rope The Dread Pirate Roberts is climbing up] 
Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE. 
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means. 

WE are talking about my brother, OF COURSE.
Okay so you are confused.
(get used to it)


^This Guy is my older brother^
He once could have been referred to as my "big" brother but as you can see
that is a little stretch these days.v
That dude in the middle is Vizzini- except of course he is more like Fizzik
not so smart
ok, hang on a second, let's make a visual comparison

Now that's better, the big guy for the uninformed is Fezzik the giant, the old dude (I meant balding- I swear) is Vizzini and the hairy guy is Inigo.
If I were to draw a more accurate comparison, my brother has had hair a lot like Inigo, I am balding and have a meticulous mind like Vizzini and my father (yeah the old guy) is about as funny as Fezzik.
which reminds me of the character dynamic as follows:
Inigo Montoya: That Vizzini, he can *fuss*. 
Fezzik: Fuss, fuss... I think he like to scream at *us*. 
Inigo Montoya: Probably he means no *harm*. 
Fezzik: He's really very short on *charm*. 
Inigo Montoya: You have a great gift for rhyme. 
Fezzik: Yes, yes, some of the time. 
Vizzini: Enough of that. 
Inigo Montoya: Fezzik, are there rocks ahead? 
Fezzik: If there are, we all be dead. 
Vizzini: No more rhymes now, I mean it. 
Fezzik: Anybody want a peanut? 
Vizzini: DYEEAAHHHHHH. 

Anyway, where was I? 
Oh yeah, I was talking about this guy
down
down
down
here 

Stephen not to be confused with Steven or Steve.
He's my brilliant and awesome brother - when he is not being infuriating or annoying
or more like a brother you read about or see in the movies now that I think about it.
After all is said and done
I love him.
(with the possible exception of the toy trauma he caused when I was new to the world that I have blocked out but that's another story entirely)

It's his Birthday today.
This is my favorite picture of him.
He looks thoughtful and at peace which I know must come hard for him.
He, unlike me has found his true calling.
(the double chin, however goes a long way to helping my self-esteem issues)

So Happy Birthday Brother. Wish I had enough money to produce your mega- soon to be blockbuster movie
but
I don't
Instead I will immortalize you in this blog

"Don't lose your head."



No comments:

Post a Comment