Friday, March 7, 2014

Cool things this week

So, here we are back again after another exhausting but exhilarating week and I am going to fall back on my new favorite thing to share: Cool Things. Let's get it started!

1. The video that changed Ash Wednesday (for me)
I compiled, remixed and edited this series of actual spacewalking footage for a sermon for St. John's Cathedral for Ash Wednesday. You can find the sermon here:

2. Drifting. Trikes, I had my doubts but this is cool plus awesome music make for one awesome video.

 This makes me think of Sugar Ray for some reason.

3. Awesome Nerdity (if that isn't a word- it is now, say it with me "nerdity")

Every bit of my inner nerd said hell yeah in my most unnerd (another new word I will probably never use again or at least until I take up geek dating again) Pro Wrestler Stone Cold impression.

4. My boss (The Ruff) had me pull this one for him and with good reason. It's going down in my book as my all time fav Oscar acceptance/thank you speech (of which I think I have now seen 6)
 in case you don't watch it - that's Matthew McConaughey and his hero speech.

5. Music I listened to this week which spoke to me.
    Iggy Pop  Starry Night (Grooveshark)
               Sometimes, you just have to say who F***ing cares, just dance and sing 

      Great Big World There is an Answer (Grooveshark)
         I need to have this kind of hope sometimes
         I want to float out into nothing and leave this world behind. 
             I want to trip the light fantastic and take a vacation from my mind
             I want to remember that there is this creation so beautiful beyond my fears
             I want to feel the music pass through me and hear the laughter through my tears.
    Dire Straits Romeo And Juliet (Grooveshark)
        A lovestruck Romeo sings to the street a serenade
            with a song that sticks in my head and won't go away
            and I find myself singing over and over again
            because it is just that good.

      I am supporting him as I am meeting his challenge. 

7. (if you have to ask. you obviously have no idea how you ended up here and I am not going to tell you....get over it)
     

And there you have it.
Life
According to Jack.








Got you.
Life according to Mike.

           
    

     

No comments:

Post a Comment