Thursday, July 30, 2015

I've got a Dream

I've got a dream
Well, Mike, what is it?

And there it is.
I cannot define it exactly.
I feel like if I quantify it, I will lose what it is- as if the dream is as substantial as a waking dream truly is. When you dream it, you swear that you are going to remember every detail but when you try to tell someone the details bleed away and all you have left over is that idea that led you to dare to dream this dream anyway.

I want to write.
I want to travel.
I want to make money doing both.
BUT
I want to enjoy it too.
And I want to do other stuff too.
videos, internet, movies, games, cons, etc.
I want to believe that I can take all that and turn it into a career, just don't ask me to condense it into a tidy one to two word title.
I will freeze up and all that I was thinking and what I was about to say comes out like a high school boy asking the cute girl to dance for the first time.

Do you have a dream?
Do you feel the need to explain it to others?

I do.
So what to do about that dream?
I am going to accept that I have one and act on the last part I remember. 
Although I suspect I won't be singing and dancing unless otherwise motivated.

well that too.
and that's life according to Mike (and Kevin).


No comments:

Post a Comment