Friday, June 14, 2013

Words of Encouragement

I probably have said this before but writing this blog takes a lot of work. Every post takes more than a day. This one did, started it on Monday 6/3/13.


Lately I have been watching commencement speeches given at various schools around the country and the world. One of the things that has impressed me with what I have seen is the blatant honesty the speakers have used when addressing the graduates. One can only hope that some of them get it and do something with what they have been told.
http://youtu.be/JHl80Wmpj40

This is one I just watched today.


 Neil Gaimon
is one of my all time favorite authors (I got to meet him a long time ago before his fiction days, back when it was just Sandman and a dream)
Saw this a few months ago.


Joss Whedon is also an awesome writer and director- I like most of what he has done.
Saw this last week


 Jon Stewart is my hero,
Watched this one earlier this spring

JK Rawlings is a great writer but more than that is the fact that she had to fight her way up from virtual nothingness and then withstand being accused of being a thief and fraud and yet come out still great as a human being with a soul of a saint




This one might have provoked the ME ME ME Generation acticle by Time Magazine


 because Ellen is Awesome
Talk about taking on the impossible and winning and yet being very very gracious about it.


 because Stephen Colbert is well awesome.
When you know you are awesome make Richard Branson name a Jet after you.

I doubt that I will ever be asked to make a speech for a graduating class but if I ever do I will come back to this blog before I write it.

and that is my graduation speech of hopefulness to all of you
No matter who you are or where you are, you can invent or reinvent who and what you are at any time in your life. Sometimes, it take effort everyday to remember that you did so in the first place.
After all, this is life according to Mike.
reinvented.

PS. I am going to VLog on Youtube soon (especially since I want to be abused)
look for me under Life According to Mike (will have to make a vid upload it and see how that goes) but I will update this soon



No comments:

Post a Comment