Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Changes

thanks to the mess that Google has become I will soon lose my domain www.lifeaccordingtomike.com due to Google being Hydra.
Reference image

 So in a nutshell when I got this url domain name Google Domains did not exist and Google basically had e-nom do the registration but not actually make me a e-nom account.
Then my bank canceled my debit card with which I was paying for the domain name and when I went to fix the problem. I had no username or password because surprise surprise Google had closed done this domain relationship with e-nom for the most part AND now it was part of the infamous Google Apps which is no longer in existence although Google Apps for Work is and if I would upgrade my account (and pay this arm of Hydra some more money) then they would happily sort this out....except they can't because of Google Enterprise and the mess just keeps growing arms.
 So what does this mean?
Lifeaccordingtomike.com will continue until april 13 or so and then expire and be in hock for 60 days (might even be auctioned off) and while I plan to try to get it back I will be registering a new domain in the meantime.
lifeaccordingtomike.us will be the replacement domain as soon as I get it registered and changed over.
and that is life according to mike.

Have you had a similar experience?


No comments:

Post a Comment