Saturday, April 18, 2015

Jet Lag and Exhaustion Part Deux

And, we're back.
The flight from Dakar to Johannesburg takes almost 9 hours.
We fly over several parts of Africa (too high to see it) but the good news is if the plane goes down and I survive the crash I won't have to swim.
Since I am telling you the good and bad news here some more:
The Good News:
1. The food is still good although my mother will disagree. Fortunately she waits until we are off the plane.
2. Having lots to watch is good. I catch several tv shows I have not ever seen that turn out to be really good.
A to Z, The Flash (which I had started the pilot but never finished it)
Last Man Standing, and I forget the rest.... sigh, but they were good.
3. Good movies as well: Finally watched Mocking Jay Part 1. I enjoyed it despite some of the pacing elements.
Inception: Better than I was expecting despite all the criticism by my brother....
4. the Cpap battery works.

The Bad News
1. Longest 9 hours of my life.... I know but it was more uncomfortable and endless then the first seven.
2. The airstaff was slow to respond if at all. you could summon one and no one would show up for hours.
3. It was not a smooth takeoff felt more like a slingshot straight up, the flight was bumpy at times and the landing left me repeating "Pull up dammit" over and over again.
4. There was only 1 or 2 episodes of the TV shows I liked.
5. Two and a half men is possibly the worst show I have ever seen.
6. water, water, water, bathroom, bathroom, bathroom.

We did arrive in Johannesburg.
I could no longer feel my legs or walk but we arrived.

And that was flying over the Dark Continent according to Mike. 

No comments:

Post a Comment