Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Thought on Weddings and being Single

MARRIAGE AMONGST THE RUINS OF SINGLENESS 
Saturday, I shot a wedding.... by shot I don't mean I went out with a bushmaster .223 assault rifle and upheld all the lousy reasons  that I have remained single.... no actually I videoed a wedding filled with beautiful people and not so beautiful people.
It was so beautiful and thus fairly depressing
going home alone.
Michael, forever the bridesmaid never the bride... thank the stars!
I  guess it should be groomsman and not the groom, save that I have never even been that. 
I ranked up as usher at my brother's wedding. zip at  my neice's wedding, semi photographer at a cousin's wedding. you  can see where this is going...


Let me not to the marriage of true minds
Admit impediments. Love is not love
Which alters when it alteration finds,
Or bends with the remover to remove:
O no! it is an ever-fixed mark 
That looks on tempests and is never shaken;
It is the star to every wandering bark,
Whose worth's unknown, although his height be taken.
Love's not Time's fool, though rosy lips and cheeks 
Within his bending sickle's compass come: 
Love alters not with his brief hours and weeks, 
But bears it out even to the edge of doom.
   If this be error and upon me proved,
   I never writ, nor no man ever loved. 


People get married.
Couples get married.
This is  the way  of things.
Not my way of things apparently.
I  suspect I will end up  being like  that woman in 27 dresses,  although I am  way past 27 by now. of  course, I have  only videoed 4 weddings where I knew anyone there.

I video the one above. this is my favorite picture from  that wedding. I love them both, and  wish them well. I know that some of  what I want is a matter of compatibility. On  the other hand much  of it seems  to be luck.
 This  is me
Me blowing bubbles. 
this is me, single and largely unloved in the romantic way, anyway  wondering that for someone who would have termed  himself a  romantic to  not  be  or for  the  most  part ever been in a  romance.
 
Wanting what "everybody" wants
wanting to be with someone
makes me think of Queen. A  song:

As snug as a bug in a rug, We all need somebody to love... right?
I love my cat.
I'd love somebody  to love. 

The romantic in  me calls out for this, but more than this  (yes another  song comes floating up from the past) 


There is definitely something about weddings that make  me think of songs that formed the core of my  sense of passion.


It's  the moment he slides  the ring on, the moment that she bites her lower lip and admits that you are the only one she  has ever loved. It's the moment in almost  every "Rom-Com" movie where you know that dreams could come true.



We  want to believe that people will stay happily married.
I want to believe/pretend that if only I wanted it  bad enough that it could happen to me
that is without all  that messy complicated stuff.
yet
I am missing the crucial ingredient for my wish cake.



The Girl.

Now that is life-  at least at this  moment- life  according to Mike.



No comments:

Post a Comment