Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Random Thoughts on a given

Well, here I find myself with time on my hands as I wait for a 1.26GB video upload to finish (146 minutes remaining), I could leave it but if it should fail (like the computer goes to sleep)- I would be royally peeved with the PC and myself.
and
that was Sunday. Today is Wednesday and it's been a ride and a half.
Today was meetings with a trip to Spirited Art, for Staff Fun Day.
Spirited Art Knoxville in case you want to know more
Where we ate some BBQ and then set to painting. Boats on the water, probably morning.
 That's me back row right,
Between the two not as attractive guys. :)

What is remarkable about this, is that I have not painted anything in around 10 years. The last thing I painted was on canvases attached to the Barn on my mother's Ranch.
I had forgotten, what it is to paint.
it is a feeling of freedom and expression that often supersedes my ability to put into words.
For me Painting is like saying I love you with acrylics.
and then I did this.
Thus coming back down to earth. I had to chase that with some Pecan Pie.

Oh Well.


And what an amazing array of ignoramuses there are.
There are so many celebrities who excel in this category only to be outdone by radio show hosts like Rush Limbaugh and Glenn Beck. TV show news anchors (all networks so far although Fox mostly tops out in this category) and then there is the ever loving lousy amount of them on 4chan/reddit/facebook as well as almost any site that allows commentary (youtube- although the vid response are quite amusing). 


There are morsels of wisdom out there True Believers!

so my Sister in Law, MVV posted this interesting video.

so I had an instant thought about this 

Yep, The Zombie apocalypse is upon us, and we have the Iphone to thank for this. Android too, not the windows phone though (nobody who hasn't been hired by Microsoft actually uses it)
I am having a "conversation" with my nephew, We will call him "James" (that is actually his name and no he really doesn't give a F- well you get the point)
Anyway, conversation is a bit skewed, because he has his cell phone in one hand and a cigarette in the other. Suddenly, I am no longer concerned with the fact that he is smoking himself into an early grave. 
Why?
He's already dead (just kidding) the conversation is mostly dead though- it's zombified.



So there you have it. Now let's recap.
  1. Cardio
  2. The Double Tap
  3. Beware of Bathrooms
  4. Wear Seat Belts
  5. No Attachments
  6. The “Skillet”
  7. Travel Light
  8. Get a Kick Ass Partner
  9. With your Bare Hands
  10. Don’t Swing Low
  11. Use Your Foot
  12. Bounty Paper Towels
  13. Shake it Off
  14. Always carry a change of underwear
  15. Bowling Ball
  16. Opportunity Knocks
  17. Don’t be a hero (later crossed out to be a hero)
  18. Limber Up
  19. Break it Up
  20. It’s a marathon, not a sprint, unless it’s a sprint, then sprint
  21. Avoid Strip Clubs
  22. When in doubt Know your way out
  23. Zipplock
  24. Use your thumbs
  25. Shoot First
  26. A little sun screen never hurt anybody
  27. Incoming!
  28. Double-Knot your Shoes
  29. The Buddy System
  30. Pack your stain stick
  31. Check the back seat
  32. Enjoy the little things
  33. Swiss army Knife
  34. if all else fails, throw spare iphone's in their path



IF WE ARE REALLY LUCKY, THE IPHONE ZOMBIES WILL EAT THEIR BRAINS FIRST.


Thanks man. You are my god of awesomeness.



In case you have found this all rather dull or depressing, just remember I love you guys (well most of you guys)

Especially the Smart women who make the world Awesome


OKAY. I concede I love all the people in the world who actually give a damn for each other. The rest of you can apply for Hugs in the comments section.

AND
that is life according to Mike!


No comments:

Post a Comment