Sunday, July 20, 2014

Life as it is According to Mike

I have decided to do a regular blog and leave the larger blog stories that are actually taking much longer to write to be special posts, like the bullying, abuse stuff that has been really hard to research and write about.
Watching Glee has brought a lot of what High School was like for me.
 

 Save that I had no Glee Club to run to.
The only clubs I could get into were either one's I made up or found a way to take over (school mag Junior year, newspaper senior year) 
The only social group I was ever really allowed into was the Dirt Hill Gang (which was great albeit late)
I actually looked back on High School as being the most unpopular or infamous kid there.
It wasn't true.
but it was close.
one day I will revisit them in this blog.
like many people who have been bullied I did bully back from time to time. It did not happen much since when you are at the bottom of the social pyramid it's hard to find someone who ends up lower than you.

anyway, I digress.

So as you can see I am still working on the Bullying/abuse stuff- more to come on that.

Also, I am about to plunge back into writing my novel so there may be more writing or less. 
Got a Title(s) I am calling it The Rose Thorn Cycle.
I am amazed at how hard it was for me to reach this title (yes we are talking years- pretty much from the time I started the book 5 years ago). I knew that I could not and thus would not start writing again on it until I had a title and could stop referring to it as "the beauty and beast book"

I have in mind to do some more blogs on books - Babylon Confidential by Claudia Christian is still being read. I got sidetracked by life events around my own abuse and lost my way here for the last 6 months or so. But things are better or at least I am dealing with them better.

I also read The Fault in our Stars and I am planning to talk about it.

I might even get in another rant about some current event. After all this is life according to Mike.
see you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment