Saturday, December 13, 2014

Facebook saps creativity and desire to be creative

As crazy as this may sound I am creative, I was born to be an artist or a writer or both but places like facebook while being social and fairly interactive just suck the desire to create anything meaningful out of me. 
Facebook is like alcoholism, I still drink and probably will drink as long as there is a facebook to go to. I do find inspiration there but it's like going to a bar and just having one shot of whiskey before leaving the bar and going back to being creative.
I just get sucked into whatever political nonsense one of my friends is going on about and then all my creativity gets lost and i surrender to World of Warcraft or Xbox and forget that I was ever the artist or writer or both.

Can I quit Facebook?
yes.
Will I quit Facebook?
no.
I need it. I need to master my use of it and make it work for me instead of the other way around.
Also, I am a facebookaholic (I may have made that up) but going cold turkey is not an option as I live in BFE and have little to no social interaction beyond my job.
I need people even in a setting as shallow and meaningless as Facebook. I need to make connections with people.

It's not all bad or all evil, it's just a matter of moderation.
I am going to try facebook at 2 hours a day (max)

I am going to write and be creative for at least 4 hours a day (min).
This is my new resolve and somewhere in all of this find my voice again.


No comments:

Post a Comment