Thursday, December 4, 2014

some Advent cool and such stuff.

So here we are at Advent (think Episcopal Christmas -longer than one day - in which us -Episcopalians do weird things like make the world seem better) with acts of giving and receiving and loving instead of stormtrooper shopping and other acts of coldness in this season where we try to remember that a man was once given to this world in order to change it.

Being a Christian should mean more than talking about eternal life and things to do after you are dead. It should be about what you are doing while you are still drawing forth the breath of life and trying to make a better world for all people.
That's what it means to me, it why I chose this belief system and its a good thing if you want to believe that God chose me.

So this is Advent and while some of the world prepares for a single event they call Christmas, for me it is a time to stop and remember that there might just be a greater purpose out there and that might mean that the gift I give be more than some commercially purchased item that I have wrapped in some paper and presented to someone I would rather just spend some time with me more than the 28 LCD LED Monitor I don't really need.

So let's mark this Advent with music, video and song.

No comments:

Post a Comment