Monday, November 15, 2010

after radio silence we are back

I have been studying IN DEFENSE OF FOOD: AN EATER'S MANIFESTO by Michael Pollan, which calls much of what I am eating and have believed about diets and dieting into question.
I have kind of retreated into a holding pattern loosely based on the flat belly diet as I try to decipher what to do next.
Over the next 2 weeks I am going to come up with a plan for eating what I can afford, fix or prepare without performing some culinary miracles.

Also, I have adopted the "Chinese Medicine Model"  approach to eating that reverses when some food should be eaten. Grains like wheat should be consumed at dinner while "softer" grains like oats can be eaten earlier. What most people eat for lunch should be eaten at supper and vice-a-versa on supper

No comments:

Post a Comment