Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Day two

Breakfast,2 eggs 140 on English muffin 100 with soy based butter spray 0. Handful of nuts 150. total 390.
Today, I return to the Rush- had elective surgery to remove a fatty tumor from my forehead which I elected to wear with many "why is there a bump on your head?" questions and jokes over the last 12 years.

Lunch will be another scrumptious open face sandwich, slice of bread 100, mayo 1 tsp 45, cheese 70, 2.5 oz of deli meat 120, horseradish mustard 0. 340 and a mufa- possibly avocado

One of the most frustrating things about diets is finding a consensus on calorie intake a day- oddly for aman of my size many diets insist I should consume between 2500 to 3000 calories a day- which is a whole lot of food- diet based food that is. Some argue that a dieters input should not go lower than 1200 while others says 1500. opinions and "quoted" research speculation abound.
The general consensus is that if you wish to lose weight then you should eat is 1500 to begin a diet and 2000 to continue at a healthy rate.
I am averaging 1500 to 2000 a day since few meals fall into even numbers.

 if you eat to little your body goes into starvation mode- which according to the argument will store fat while feeding on other tissue especially muscles. I found this hard to believe- because most people I know are not starving- but then I looked at starving people in the African peninsula and took notice of distended bellies versus almost muscle-less bodies. So, for me, the argument stands..

No comments:

Post a Comment