Thursday, November 11, 2010

day whatever- yep it's all sliding downhill from here

today is my day for dietary panic, the Lipid hypothesis has proven to be a fatal error in the history of this country, low-fat/low-cholesterol diets are abhorrently unhealthy and the FDA and the Nutritionists not only went awry but are not completely or openly admitting that they may have been too hasty




I know, I Know- you shouldn't believe EVERYTHING you read BUT the price of being a skeptic is bringing EVERYTHING into question. blind faith never worked for me.


I am reading IN DEFENSE OF FOOD by Michael Pollan.
The book asks questions that have been beginning that are really beginning to bother me. Questions like: Is Jerod really an authentic person who did the Subway diet on his own volition? Or is he a well placed and timed move on Subway's part to move them into being nutritional? 


I have been on a diet that broke my bank but I lost 8 pounds- then I froze at 341-342 and stuck for almost a month. 
My experience with diets is the same almost universally the same- initial weight loss and then nothing. I cannot rejump start it- i have tried. I am not giving up but it now makes me doubt that I can ever get it going down again.


Today I wonder if "diet" isn't what is killing me. All I know is that I am going to eat small portions of foods I can recognize as whole foods, avoid anything that looks or is imitation- like cheese, sugar, processed food or margarine. I am going to continue with excercise and not go on a binge of junk food that will mirror the despair I am feeling over dieting 

No comments:

Post a Comment