Tuesday, February 21, 2012

tuesday february sunlight

Spent the morning typing and editing a book about a man I have known almost all the days of my life. Wondering what I would be like if I lived until I was at least 98. Typing about true love and what you know about another human being is different than writing fiction about what you think another human being is like. One is more familiar while the other is more personal, intimate and complex. Working against a deadline like life expectancy is always hard, you want to get it done in time but at the same time you want it to be good.

That's were I am at today. how about you?

1 comment:

  1. when you're writing non-fiction about someone familiar, it still isn't quite as familiar as your fictional characters ... those you know inside out (although, over time, even fictional characters you have created can come to seem to have a life of their own and surprise you).
    yet, it is discovering things about those who were familiar to you that makes nonfiction pretty exciting too.

    ReplyDelete