Thursday, January 1, 2015

Another Pass around the Sun is done

Time for my semi annual review of 2014 because everyone else is doing one.
but first I have some thing to confess to you who avoid facebook.
since this is the end of 2014, I have a few things to confess.
1) I am jealous of women. yep the whole lot of you.
2) I no longer crave candy. Sorry M&M's.
3) I was never in love with the Big Blue Frog. Call off Valentine's
4) I an African-American. I have it on the best authority.
5) I am not black or white or pink or blue, well I might be pink so there is that.
6) I love my brother and sisters two. I thought it was surprising at the time.
7) I have, in fact, never been in love. Unless you count Aeryn Sun and Root Beer.
8) I can't remember the last time I kissed a woman. Also, I can't remember the last time I kissed a frog. I am still trying to forget the last time I kissed a dog. I do remember the last time I kissed a man... but I swear it didn't mean anything.
9) I am only as half as crazy as most people assume me to be. Also, i am only crazy on days where I have to breath, other than that i am perfectly sane.
10) MY favorite color is red...well on good days when I can tell red from brown anyway.
11) I am going to blog about this. this is some good stuff.
12) I have 97 friends one facebook, which is good since I gained more this year than lost, and I only unfriended one person or was that 2 people? Don't ask me to name any of them. I can't remember I and I am too tired to make up their names.
and
13) because my second fav # is 13.
I do lie on occasion, mostly out of a imaginary need to impress myself into thinking that I need to know something or have been somewhere or met someone because i don't want to be that person who hasn't. Also, I lie very well when I right but these days I can't keep a straight face when I tell a lie on purpose.

Having cleared the air on all that, I have to say I feel better.
So, that was 2014, 
  • I got older. I hope a little wiser and mindful to take less of life as seriously.
  • I started working out 2-3 days a week and am fitter for it.
  • I did not lose much weight and gained more despite giving up so much of what I had been eating
  • I remembered a lot of things that might have been better that I hadn't remember because reliving them was hellacious.
  • I got my father back.
  • I wrote a boat load of good poetry and some awesome fiction to boot.
  • I finished and published a book for a friend at a tidy profit.
  • I found some new friends
  • I decided to move out on my own and surprisingly my mother took it amazingly well considering I almost didn't tell her.
  • I survived another election year, and decided that I might go in for being seriously non-political. It didn't work.
  • I gave up soft drinks with anything other than real sugar in them which basically meant just about every softdrink.
  • I learned that I am an empath and only distance keeps my safe from being drug along on other's emotional rollercoaster and that my only real defence is to push people away by being a jerk or at best be a smartass.
  • I learned that I can cry and that my tears are pretty much endless.
  • There is a lot of sadness in life
  • I lost my dog through a series of unfortunate events.
  • I realized that I am probably the most guilty man in the world only because I feel guilt nor because I really do anything wrong.
  • I learned that sometimes life is just like a song.
  • I also learned that much more than this is going to be boring.
and that was 2014 according to mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment