Wednesday, January 28, 2015

I would have called this the Weekly Update,but...

I am a man of constant humor and never can one say that I pass up the chance to make a joke at any expense, especially at my own expense.
I am like Robin Williams, determined to laugh when all I really feel like doing is crying for myself and the world at large.
Humor might be the best medication but for the tragic wit like myself it is my whiskey and rye.
If I can't laugh then there is not much point to getting out of bed in the morning.
If you saw me, however, you'd never think I ever laughed at all or anything.
I ain't exactly a joyful being.

Probably need to get laid.

Not surprisingly, more and more people who know me, tend to let that one slip recently.

Because the truth of life is, if you want to look happy and glow, have sex.
Frankly since I haven't ever had successful sex, i will just have to take the fuckers word for it.
(it was necessary for the joke- I am going to blame Father Rasnick for that one, first joke he ever told me involved a italian bricklayer and a reputation, ruined my innocent soul, it did)

But I digress.

I need to write more so as part of my resolutions I am going to attempt a weekly blog that is just a general ramble of things. If something comes up, I will make a special blog for that at the appropriate point.


Since it is music that makes the world go around, here is one of my all time favorite songs to start us of in a very different way:

So, Nathan and his sister Eva are recent discoveries. They aren't the best unless you count effort as part of it. I am enjoying their music right now.

So what else is new or old or otherwise?
I can't tell you, it's confidential or I have no confidence I can tell you.

There's yet another Fantastic Four movie that will explain for the the fourth time why they are fantastic. Yes, 4 times. Each time has had it's own version of suck..
Let us count the ways.
1) 1978. TV The torch was kicked in favor of a robot named herbie....fail, fail, fail. fail.
2) 1994  Roger Corman's jewel of a horribly under budget film disaster that everyone (including IMDB) has apparently agreed to ignore.
3) 2005 I had hopes for this one, but the folks at 20th century fox wanted a more modern retelling and apparently had never actually read the comic book. So, yes, another epic disaster wherein Doctor Doom, perhaps the most fearsome of all Marvel villians was reduced to a slimy, conniving asshole. Jessica Alba was hot although her powers were lamely presented and the most memorable things was her showing up naked (well mostly naked) several times. (the rise of the silver surfer was infinitely worse but it's a sequel and I am skipping it)
4) 2015 Time for  a much needed reboot they tell me, and it looks cool but they have already thown the comic book plot out the window and changed the nature (and race) of several of the characters in the standard vainglorious attempt at wider appeal. So I am predicting that it will be another fail since, apparently, no one will trust that a comic book plot is good enough for a movie.

Well, look at the time. Commercial Break!
after we come back, I will attempt to explain the Republican primaries while humming the star spangled rapsong and riding a mule backwards.
or you can take it from me that this is life according to Mike.

No comments:

Post a Comment