Thursday, March 15, 2012

today I break at least three rules of what you should never blog about


  1. I don't blog everyday. The hell of it is I would and actually I almost do but (there is always a but) I often get distracted by "real" life like the Daily Show- see it's Jon Stewart's fault that i cannot blog everyday! Was that boring- yeah probably.
  2. Moving on! I am still trying to figure out what "joining the community" means, when I look at the blogging community I have the distinct impression it's like walking into a Barnes & Noble Super store where there are rows and rows of endless blog listings and where do you start if you are not distinctly a categorical blogger? The first blogs to look at on these sites are chosen by people i barely can relate to. Also, it's not like there is a dating service for bloggers, but maybe there should be....
  3. reading about blogging! Want to make money at anything write how to guides telling people how to do what they want to do and what's more how to make money at it. Problogger comes to mind since it loves to blow its own horn. And not because it is not helpful but because it is.
  4. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz purpose zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Got to have a gimmick says the carnie, got to know the territory says the traveling saleman, got to have an angle says the con man, got to know a mark says just about anyone trying to sell anything. Shakespeare says to your own self be true. So I listen to everyone and then I do or I don't like this blog is simply what is streaming out of my mind and through my fingers on this USB Dell keyboard that is in fact not connected to a Dell computer. I have a purpose yes, but it isn't as simple as a category. It is as complex as an onion and sweet as the taste of success although it will probably take an act of the Neuromancer to get any.
  5. maintain quality or like I like to say; second guess myself. There is a time to blog and a time to weep in other words. No wait that might be a song by Dylan and a group of tortoises or monkeys and barnyard birds but I digress. The bottom line is that blogging is being made into a complex art form where less is more and spelling is not anymore sacrosanct than grammar. 
  6. have something to say. Well duh, just hope that what you have to say someone will want to read. The sad truth of the matter was that I didn't really read blogs or other internet literature until I started blogging. I mean there were some site I did read but mostly for work related issues, but actually reading someone's fiction or poetry was pretty much beyond me. It's pathetic but it is also true. How many books in Skyrim or Oblivion did you actually read?
  7. that is because I like the number 7. find a job that makes you happy and one where you will probably not shoot the guy in the cubicle next to you or down the production line or somesuch. Always have something else to do with your time. Blogging is very time consuming especially if you are like me and easily distracted from ranting.

No comments:

Post a Comment