Thursday, June 14, 2012

Pressure washing and fights with Hornets on roofs

Today I got into a head bumping fight with a hornet  on top of the roof of my mother's screened-in  porch which is on a deck about 12ft off the ground- so its an easy 20 foot drop  down. I am busy minding my own business stringing an extension cord up there to pressure wash the  deck behind me when  this crazy Hornet starts dive bombing my head and  all I got to fend it off of me is the extension  cord.
So  there I am swatting and the hornet and yelling  at it which of course is futile but I keep yelling and this bug keeps flying in at me. We  reach an impasse and  i beat a strategic retreat  to go find wasp spray.
As it turns out,, the wasp spray lasted  long enough  to piss it off. But I brought my  backup- totally ineffective "Flying Insect" spray.
OH YEAH time to get it on little Hornet.
Anyway he got bored and flew away.
Bug 1- Mike 0. I decided I didn't need to pressure wash that deck anyway- especially after  trying to haul up a running water hose.
Man's awesome  Mind? yep.
Man is  awesomely soaked? yep

Oh those crazy lazy summer days.

At least I  didn't get a headache.

Oh yeah, that  was  before 11am.

Then I went to work.

sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment