Thursday, June 21, 2012

tilting with Windmills and going to the Dentist

Some things are unavoidable.
Taxes must be paid but if you are crazy you can avoid them. Dentists must clean your teeth but you can sacrifice the ivory and enamel if you want the inevitable agony of decay and gum disease.

I hate going to the Dentist.
I have a great dentist, he's gentle, exacting, most likely the best at what he does. But he can come across as smug and smarmy to where I dread even a quip coming out of his perfect dental mouth.

So I live in dread of Dental cleanings and often brush and floss myself into oblivion dreaming/hoping/praying for an amazingly brief cleaning and silence from my Dentist.

Would I be so lucky? No, it boils down to a lot of plaque and tartar scraping, what seems like hours spent with my mouth open while he sits there and casually impales my gums with his tools and tisks away in his quiet I know better than you do voice.
what they want you to think of the as.....great conversationalistshow they think of themselves, yes mine has more hair and rides a motorcylce

my reaction to the dentist


motorcylce meets dentist meets little dentist's office of horrors


the I am so screwed moment

when my dentist says- "oh look pink swollen gums- oh my"

get me the drill, Darcy!

Hold still this won't hurt much

see did that not work out great?

and that life according to dental flossing, tax paying Mike!

No comments:

Post a Comment