Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Leading lives of quiet and not so quiet desperation

Sometimes I feel like Jack Handy and I are brother or twins and waxing philosophic about something amusing and true to life will open some greater appreciation of life. But then I remember that this is SNL we are talking about and the writers of the show might take exception to me personifying their work as some great movement of personal angst and philosophy.
So as I sit here contemplating another day where I have not wasted the moment, I have given my time and effort to helping others achieve a greater connection to the infinite (well the internet anyways) and partially assured a distinct lack of latency in future raiding instances in Warcraft by ordering them a new 100 foot of pristine rj45 Cat 5e cable- I can say job well done to myself and eat another Swedish fish.
Part of writing really long sentences is the joy of knowing that some grammar Nazi out there is either about to need more ant-acid or go looking for his stein (hopefully to toast with Lager and not a firing squad). Now I will pause and consider another yummy gummy and add that I may have helped encouraged a bright young girl to want to learn to read.
These are perilous times for random thinkers indeed. Attention spans being what they are and all, one must be careful not to stray to far off topic or eat too many Swedish fish.
I will however put this down on paper or at least this virtual script that today was a mostly good day. I will leave you with this, one of my favorite quotes.

"I am feeling pretty good about myself today. So far I haven't cursed, been angry with anyone, lost my temper or done anything out-of-sorts or thoughtlessly. So far today I haven't drank or smoked or frowned, or given anyone a hard time. And that's really great! But in a few minutes I am going to get out of bed and that point- I'm going to need a lot of help!"


Good Night you Princes of New England, and Queens of New York!

No comments:

Post a Comment