Monday, April 30, 2012

student Loan Blues

I got the Student Loan Blues
That Ol' Department of Education
they did me wrong, now it's got me singing dis song
they "randomly" selected me so they could give my debt
to my old lender who lied to me and...
I got the blues.

Ah, Hell, the short of it is apparently the government is so overloaded with managing student loan debt that they are "randomly" selecting loans and farming them out to other vendors to manage the repayment for them.
Reasons why I don't buy that is was random:
1. The reason I was with Direct Loans is because EdFinanacial lied to me about being able to consolidate through them and then wouldn't do it.
2. would even discuss a repayment plan with me 3 years ago when I was wanting to start paying my loans back. They wanted more than I was making as a "income sensitive" repayment plan as they stated
3. they are local to Tennessee
4. the DOE is famous for passing the buck and un-assuming responsibility  for just about everything. Don't believe me? ask them about no child left behind some time.

it's no wonder that student loan forgiveness is a mostly magical and thus mythical being that is often hunted for, seldom discovered and never tastes as good as it looked on the spit.

That's it.
Lucky for me that EdFinancial appears to be more reasonable 3 years since the last time I talked to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment