Monday, April 16, 2012

How I write

I always wanted to say that. How I write?
Well, I mostly don't write as much as I should, finding time to shut off everything going on around me and find time to go away from all distractions and write is a lot harder than it seems when I think about it. I try to write as much as I can. If I can get up in the early morning I write then, or like tonight, I have the bug to write and write and now I will have to make my Superhero wait until I have eaten and finished the New York Times Crossword. If you are looking for an entry, it will come later tonight unless I wait for the morning. The next entry is a doosey (spelling?) since our intrepid hero must confront his new found "girlfriend" with the awful truth. Oh the Humanity!
Though I guess it would actually be- Oh the Superhumanity!
But I digress.
As to the rest- once the writing tap is turned it just pours out until its time to go read a book.
My mentor who helped me realize that this was what I was meant to do, would say: "Michael, writing is like breathing- you have to inhale to exhale, thus you must read to write. Reading is inhaling and writing is exhaling."

I miss that man. John Manchip White.

Now I got to go do some inhaling.

Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment