Monday, April 9, 2012

Easter. Yes Easter Sunday

You ever been at church and the fire alarm goes off and off and off and off and off because the thurifer dropped a little too much frankincense in the thurible  and by the Gospel there is a sheen of smoke covering most of the Cathedral?
The Thurifer doesn't seem to understand Why I would be upset. He thinks he's the one with the smoking pot on a chain (sounds suspicious) and I am not. No, I am the lucky guy who sits up above the masses in the sound booth right next to- (wait for it) the fire alarm. Yes, Virginia this Mike has a ringing in my right ear.
These are the many joys of being in a traditional Episcopal church on Easter Sunday.
Can we get a amen here and tell the sexton to watch for the firetrucks. No one wants them to try putting out our "fire" and take out any one of several hundred Lillies in the Church.
Did I mention I have allergies and sinus problems.
No?
Imagine thousands of Lillies and add Frankincense smog to the mix.
Now add a priest with good timing and a sense of humor that defies the obvious and can make most of it go away.
Thank God for Thom.

No comments:

Post a Comment